A Day In A Life With Maddy

In the mind of Maddy and 5tm

My holiday to Europe in 2013

Next year my Opa (Grandfather) is taking me and my family for a holiday to Europe. We will have to go on a long plane trip from Melbourne to London. The flight takes about 23 hours. Luckily we stop over Abu Dhabi for a few hours. We have to be at Melbourne Airport at 8.30pm at night because the plane leaves at 11.00pm. We are all catching the Gull bus to the airport because there is going to be 8 of us going to the airport from Geelong. The flight to Abu Dhabi takes 13 hours, we are all going to stay in Abu Dhabi for 2 hours, then our trip to London will take 8 hours.

We are staying in London for 4 days. Maz (grandmother) has booked a apartment for everyone to stay in.  When we are in London I am going to visit Buckingham Palace.   Buckingham  Palace is were the Queen lives. This is what I want to do but we might not, I think it will be fun to have a ride on a double decker bus. It would be nice to see Big Ben. Also have a spin on the London eye. Dad wants to go to some museums.

After our four days in London we are catching a train to Holland. Opa was born in Holland so that’s why we are going there. Opa is going to show us were he grew up.  In Holland there is this museum called the Van Loons Museum. My Dad really wants to go there. Last year dad went to holland with his Mum and Dad, we couldn’t go because we had to go to school.  He came home after he said he would because there was a volcano eruption and there was a lot of ash in the sky. So his plane to go home got cancelled.

Our next part of our trip is to Scotland. Maz and Opa is coming with us to Scotland. We are going to see the Loch Ness Monster. I bet mum would want to go shopping in every country. But what I think will be fun is water rafting but I think mum and dad might say no. It seems that there is a lot of castles in Scotland and we could visit a few.

My mum is from Italy so we are going to Italy.  We have to try and talk Italian when we are there. Nonna (grandmother) said that Italy is famous for the Potato Pizza. Nonna trys to teach Ash and I Italian. My mum when she was little could not speak English she could only speak  Italian.

Now let’s go to France, in France we are visiting Disney Land for and day. And Opa says I should eat some snails. He thinks they are yummy. I’m going to try snails but I don’t think Ash and Charlotte will. I also have to learn a bit of my Franch. The first word is Bon Jour (meaning hello) that’s all I know so far. My Opa says Dag to you all it means goodbye in Dutch.

In France we are going to Paris. We want to go and see the Eiffle Tower. In Paris we are going   to Disneyland and Charlotte carn’t wait.

And that’s my holiday :mrgreen:

“My holiday to Europe in 2013”

1. September 17th, 2012 at 7:35 am      Reply Mrs Kathleen Morris Says:

Dear Maddy,

What an informative page about your holiday. You’re so lucky to have such an amazing holiday planned! I didn’t go overseas until I was about 23 and here you are jetting off at the age of 10 or 11!

Your Opa is very kind to organise a holiday to his homeland. You’re going to love seeing all the sites including Buckingham Palace, The Van Loons Museum, The Loch Ness Monster, the Eiffel Tower and Euro Disney!

My mum is actually going to France in about 10 days time. I will have to ask her how it is and tell you what she enjoyed doing and seeing there.

I have not been to Europe. I have been to America twice as well as many places in Asia. I’ve also been to New Zealand. I would live to visit Europe one day.

What are you looking forward to the most?

Your teacher,
    Mrs M☀rris

• September 21st, 2012 at 10:17 am      Reply Maddy Says:

Dear Mrs Morris,

Thank you for commenting on my blog once again. My hoilday is going to be so much fun and were going to have a great time. But the sad part is that I will miss my friends and my teacher.Dad wroye the first pargraph because it has all the flights andthe times but I wrote all the pothe things on the page. Mum didn’t like the idea becase we haven’t been on our trip already she rather us do a jofe page.

That what my dad said dad never went over seas untill he was 20 years of age.

Every part is going to be exciting.

From Maddy

• September 21st, 2012 at 10:20 am      Reply Mrs Kathleen Morris Says:

Dear Maddy,

Thank you for your reply. It’s great that your dad is helping you with blogging.

You are certainly going to having exciting times every single day of your trip!

Maybe you will write a journal or write on your blog so you can look back and remember every part of your trip.

Happy holidays (don’t miss school too much now!)

Mrs M☀rris

• October 9th, 2012 at 4:16 am      Reply Maddy Says:

Dear Mrs Morris,
          Thank yoiu for replying to me when I replyed to you. Dad is a great help and he teachers me new things that I didn’t know before. But I do something on my own like:

.Write posts

. Add links

.Do new pages

I agree with you but I’m going to miss my friends back at Australia. If I can I’m going to get some of my friends a gift but I carn’t get everyone a gift. I might even get you something. I might get home sick when I’m overseas.

I’m going to ask Santa for a journal so I can write what I have done that day. And I will put the date on the top of the page. And when I come back and I will bring it to school and people can look at it.

From Maddy :mrgreen:

2. September 28th, 2012 at 10:21 pm      Reply Lilli Says:

Dear Maddy,

WOW! it sounds like your going to have a really exiting time in Europe!

I hope you are having a FANTASTIC school holidays!

I will not see you straight after the school holidays because I’m going on hoilday to Qweensland
    See you in two weeks
    From Lilli :mrgreen:

• October 9th, 2012 at 4:20 am      Reply Maddy Says:

Dear Lilli,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog again. You are a great blogger and that’s why you got your own blog. I herd that you going on a hoilday yourself and I bet your going to have a great time just like I am.

From Maddy :mrgreen: