A Day In A Life With Maddy

In the mind of Maddy and 5tm

over seas

February17

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

This post is about my holiday overseas. I will take you with me on my holiday while I tell you about it. I hope you enjoy the post I put on for you.

On the last day of school (in Australia) Mum, Dad and Ashleigh (she didn’t go to school that week because she jawed a muscle in her neck) picked Charlotte and I from school and took us home. We had a lot of things to do, so luckily school finished school at 2:30.

After we all had a shower and got dressed we all packed our suit case. What we had to pack was

1. four pairs of jumpers
  2. three pairs of tracksuit pants
  3.  five pairs of t-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve)
  4. one pair of a long sleeve pretty dress
  5. one pair of stockings
  6. two pairs of snickers
  7. one pair of slip-on shoes
  8. one pair of pretty shoes
  9. one pair of coloured jeans (blue)
  10. one pair of coloured jeans (red)
  11. one pair of coloured jeans (white)
  12. on pair of Dutch sleepers
  13. a travel journal
  14. a E-reader (like a I pad that you can only read books)

After I finished packing my suit case my over filled so I had to sit on the lid. Dianna arrived around about 4:00. She was there because when we arrive at the bus station she will take mum’s car back home so she doesn’t have to leave it at the bus station for a month. Anyway she helped mum clean the house (she wanted the house clean so she didn’t have to come home to a dirty house.  Anyway at 4:30 we put all our things in the boot of the car and left.

As soon as we arrived at the bus station the bus arrived, he stayed at the station for twenty minutes so in case anyone else was late.  First he put the entire luggage into the trailer at the back of the bus. This bus was for only passengers that want to go to differnt parts of the airport. We all said goodbye to Dianne, Linda and Sam (we met Linda and Sam at the bus stop.) Finally the bus left and dad was surprised that the bus was going so fast and taking sharp turns. It took an hour and 1-2 hours to get to the airport.

When we arrived at the airport we noticed that there was barely anyone there, we thought (because the bus went so fast) that we arrived a bit early there was no flight for about a couple more hours. So what we decided that we would find somewhere for dinner. We found a place near the check in so that we could go and check in straight after we eat our dinner. What I ordered for dinner was chicken strips and salad and chips.

Attribution:

Image: ‘Kuwait Airways Flying Away
Kuwait Airways Flying Away

Image: ‘The Party Is Over
The Party Is Over

Image: ‘Back to Basics:
Back to Basics:

After we finished our dinner dad got a call from my grandmother, she said that they had already checked in, so we quickly payed then left. We met the rest 0f the family that was coming on some of the trip with us. (The people that were coming with us on the trip are: grandma maz grandpa opa Uncle Marcus his wife jenny and my two step cousins Emma and Renee) They all waited while we checked in.

We decided that we all should have a coffee together because we were not allowed to check out passports and everything until ten. While we were heading towards the coffee shop we bumped into someone it was untie kater. She had come and say goodbye to us all. Opa invited her to come but she was too busy. Anyway while the grown-ups were having a coffee and talking us kids just talked on our parents phones.

After they all finished their coffee we said goodbye and headed off. We all went and got our passports checked. They only had to check the kids so they know that both of their parents are allowing their children to go overseas. When we got there we saw a huge group of people and then the guy told us that the computers weren’t working so we had to wait with all those people until the policeman called your name. So we waited and do know what the people that didn’t have children got to walk right past and didn’t have to wait.

Finally the policeman called our names we headed towards the front of the group we gave him our passports and then he went into another room to check it then he came back and it was all fine. He gave us our passports and we left. Dad and mum found a bourbon shop and they went inside. Dad brought a bag of Wild Turkeys and mum brought two Baileys. They brought them bourbon to the counter the shop keeper said that they weren’t allowed to take it on the plane to go to overseas. Then he said we will keep it at the shop and when we arrive back in Australia we can come and take it.

Then it was nearly 11:00 so we headed for the plane. We sat down waiting for them to clean the plane so we go in a neat plane. Then the people came and said that the plane was now clean. Then she said that people that have children five and under can go on the plane first so that they don’t get squished by all the grown-ups. So thank you charlotte because she is turning six when we come back to Australia. So we got onto the plane first. Because it is going to be an 11 hour plane ride we got to watch movies because there were DVD players in the seat in front of us. But the DVD players didn’t turn on until the plane took off into the sky.

At 11:30 the people that work on the plane came around to all the passengers and gave them dinner I was thinking that why would they give us dinner at 11:30. After I ate my dinner I gave it to the ladies and then I tried to go to sleep but I couldn’t the seat was too small and I had a person one each side of me so I couldn’t put my legs up. So I only had 1 hour sleep. I woke up at 8:30 and none of my family was a wake yet so I just watched movies than I woke dad up because breakfast was coming. What they had planned for breakfast was bacon and eggs with baked beans. I didn’t have the baked beans because I hate baked beans.

A couple of hours  later we landed in Abu Darbi. We got off the plane and went into the airport. We all split up and looked around the airport. On our way we saw some magnets and thought about getting Linda a magnet but dad said no it would be a waste of money so we kept walking. We found a row of seats and we sat down because we would be in Abu Darbi for a couple of hours. The first thing I tried doing was writing in my diary that I’m taking with me through the whole trip, but then I got bored and went on my DS.

We were expected to say in Abu Darbi. So I sat down anwe waited for them to clean the plane. Anyway they were finished cleaning the plane so we hopPde on the plane again first then we sat down ready to take off. When everyone was on the plane and sitting down we toke off and the movie players started planing and they pretty had the same movies as the first plane so I watched the same movies for another seven hours. On this trip we got gifts from the people that work on the plane. The gift that we all got was a stuffed animal and a sponge bob bag. I hate sponge bob so I gave my stuffed sponge bob to Charlotte but Charlotte didn’t want it either so we all decided that we would give the sponge bob to Nathan, Nathan is our next door neighbour back in Australia. They just moved three months ago. Nathan’s mum Angular had a baby girl named Mia so we can get her a stuffed micky mouse from Paris Disney Land.

After another couple of hours in the plane we finally landed in London. So we got off the plane got our suit cases and then met up with the rest of the family. Then maz said she had a surprise for all of us. So we followed her and then we saw someone it was my auntie Claire. Claire lives in Berlin and her job is a teacher she teaches all the kids English. She herd that we were going on a hoilday and thought that she might come with us because she has holidays. So she is going with us to London and Holland.But when we are in Holland she is leaving a day early because she has to go back and teach all her kids.

Anyway she said that we were going to a catch taxi to were we are staying. But we would have to go in two different taxi’s. So Claire led the way to the taxi driver. When we arrived were the taxi driver was standing he said the other taxi driver wasn’t here yet. So the people that were living in the big apartment had to stay at the airport until the other taxi driver came. The people that were going to stay in the big apartment while we were in London was: Claire, Maz, Opa, Emma, Renee, Marcus and Jenny. But Claire was coming in our taxi because there wouldn’t be enough room in the other taxi.

So we followed the taxi driver to the taxi and put all our suit cases into the boot. Any way we all sat in our seats and took off. It would be an hour drive to the apartment. But we didn’t mine because we would just chat and ask Claire about Berlin. When we got there we got our suit cases out of the taxi and started walking towards the apartment, when we arrived no one was there so dad said that all you girls can go shopping while I will stay here and wait until the man comes and let’s us in. As soon as we were all about to leave he arrived.

He opened the door and showed us to our apartment. It had two doors, if you don’t know what I mean it is when you open the front door and then you walk in the house a bit then there is another door. But the annoying thing is once you opened the second door there were stairs so that was annoying. So he took us up the stairs and on that floor there was the kitchen, the dinning  table and the lounge room. All the rooms were pretty small but this apartment is only meant for two people.

Anyway we were all very tired so we decided that we were going to  go out for dinner the first night. Ash and Charlotte wanted to  play mum and dads so I said I will play and that it was bed time so she put me to  bed and instead of  pretending  to be asleep I actually fell asleep. Then  my dad woke me up an hour later saying its time to go.

So I got up and we walked to the place were we are going to have dinner. We ordered what we wanted and while I was waiting for the meal to come I almost fell asleep. But dad told us that we had to stay up to at least 7:00 because we are jet lagged. Anyway our dinner arrived and we started eating then we had desert then we left and the weird thing was I wasn’t sleepy any more so we watched a movie then went to bed because dad said it was to late.

Day 2

We woke up and had toast. Then I got dressed just saying when we were in London it was winter so it was below 6 degrees. So I put on a a thick coat and beanie and a scarf. Then we went to the other apartment to pick up the  rest of the family. But we met them half way because they were going to meet us. Anyway we started to walk up to the underground train station. We walked down the stairs and went to the rail while dad went and brought us the train tickets. But it was a long line so it took a while.

We got on the train and went to the city. We got off the train and started walking to the Buckingham Palace. On the way to Buckingham Palace we saw a police officer on a horse and the funny thing is he stopped at a red light.  Another thing we saw was a marching band they were all on  horses and it happens every day at 11:00am. Anyway we walked to the fountain and stood on it so we could see the palace. We saw a flag on top of the palace which meant that the queen was in the palace.

Next stop we went to Big Ben. When we arrived at Big Ben we decided to spilt up and look around. We had a look at big ben then we left. We stayed with our uncle, Jenny and my step cousins. We walked to the London Eye. We lined up and there were heaps of people lining up. After 5 hours of lining up we were finally getting in one of the carriages. It didn’t go that fast because it was more than 50 feet high. And if it went fast it would come off and we would be riding around London in a ferris wheel.

We headed back to our apartment and watched tv. When it was 8:00 we went out to dinner again to an Italian restaurant. I had pizza but I don’t think its as good as the Italian’s make it, but it was good. After we all finished eating our desserts we payed then started walking home.

Day 3

The next day it was Easter so maz said we would slit up and do what we want so we could spend time with our family. So we woke up and got dressed. Mum said that we were not going to catch the train today and that we were going to walk. So we started walking, half an hour later we were half way there and mum needed a coffee. We found a coffee shop and went in. Mum and dad got a coffee while us kids got lemon aid and fruit salad. Anyway I accidently knocked dad and he split his coffee on the table. He was angry at me because that was the best coffee he had ever tasted. Dad was so angry that he said it was time to go. We went outside and then one of the waiters came rushing out the cafe and gave dad a free coffee dad felt guilty but he just said thank you because he knew how good the coffee was.

We arrived at the Tower of London we walked up to the very top. Mum toke a lot of pitchers of the water,the boats and the London Bridge. Once we saw everything we made the decision that we would walk the whole way around to the London Bridge. Take some pitchers of the Tower of London and then came back around to the tower of London. So off we went we toke pitchers of things that we saw on the way we also went in some shops and looked around. In one shop Ash got a rubber ball of the world. And in another shop Charlotte got a key ring of the Queens crown. An  in another shop I  got a book of the famous places around london.

Then we arrived at the London Bridge we toke photos of the Tower of London from the London Bridge. When we were finished taking photos we started heading back to the Tower of London. When we arrived back it was lunch time so we found a cafe and went in. We opened the door  the manager greeted us and took us to the table. She seemed at bit bossy we all thought but then the waitress came and gave us our meals. She seemed really nice. We asked if she could take a photo of us eating our meal. After we finished eating we payed and left. We had to go and meet Claire at the boat club.

Claire took us three to a museum that she thought we might like. But when we got there, there was a long line and if we lined up we would miss out on going shopping so we decided to go shopping instead. So when we got there Ash and Charlotte spent there ten dollars straight away but I saved mine to the end. At the end I brought an England scarf  for two dollars and a light up image of London for nine dollars but Claire gave me one dollar.

When we finished shopping we went to the other family that is staying with us apartment and dad came and  picked us up at 5:00. That night we went out for dinner because it was our last night in London. We went to an Italian restaurant.

by posted under Uncategorized | 3 Comments »    

“over seas”

1. February 19th, 2014 at 8:19 am      Reply Libstar Says:

Heyy Madz,
    Nice long, post, but I read it all, I liked the part of your post when you made that list of what you were going to take! It was a very looooong post, but I got through it!
    Got to run!

Your friend,
    Libstar :mrgreen:

• February 23rd, 2014 at 1:47 am      Reply Maddy Says:

Dear Libby
      Thank you for the lovely comment. This is why it took me a long time to put a post on. Are you going to put a new post on your blog.
      Maddy :mrgreen:

• February 23rd, 2014 at 7:07 am      Reply Libstar Says:

Dear Maddy,
        Thats fine. I bet it took ages, I remember when your like “I have got to finish this post on my blog” Haha umm… I am not sure, I am literally working on one now on my blog, but I will tell you when I have put up a new one. Whats your next post going to be about Maddy :mrgreen: ?

-Libstar 😀